DIY Valentine's Day Cards & More!
Even though Valentine's Day is over it's never too late to make some handmade cards for any occasion. Personalized random cards can be the best when you want to express a feeling towards someone or simply drop them a little note.
Now that I have a few supplies in my arsenal, and my first Valentine's Day card mass mailing under my belt, you can bet that I'm going to continue making everyday cards for my friends, family, co-workers and whoever crosses my path that may need a little bit of love, inspiration, encouragement etc!
What you'll need to purchase:
1. Recollections Cardstock paper (100 sheets) comes in various sizes. Make sure you get the size that fits your envelopes. Remember to allow extra room for stuffing the envelope, especially if you tie a bow around the card like mine. (around $8.00)
2. Rubber Stamp Ink: I bought two colors for this project, Color box chianti (red) and Brilliance graphic black (around $7.00 each)
3. Rubber Stamps: I bought a pack with letters and some symbols ($15-17.00) and I also bought the background script stamp you see in red ($12.00)
4. Envelopes: Thankfully I had these off white envelopes which were perfect on hand but I recommend purchasing envelopes at envelopes.com (I use them all the time)
5. Ribbon: Michael's has all types of ribbon at your disposal! (around $4.00)
This ended up being somewhat of an expensive project but I made and mailed over 20 cards to family and friends and I received the best feedback from all of them! Totally worth every penny.
Saturday, February 4, 2012
1. Dress Jason Wu for Target: screams date night!
2. Michael Kors clutch: Hello statement piece. That's all you need as an accessory that night!
3. Essie nail polish: my personal fave is really red, see image below
4. Amazonian Clay blush: I purchased in the color Frisky, my goal was to have bright pink long-lasting color on my cheeks and that is exactly what I got! Amazonian clay hydrates dry skin, minimizes oil, improves the appearance of skin clarity and texture. Lasts for 12 hours!
5. Cover Girl flipstick: purchased in Pucker, tested and approved for moisturizing two tone tint of color. see image below, according to InStyle bright pinks lips are in for to liven up a dull winter!
6. Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow palette: I love this colorful palette for spring, when used with eyeshadow primer the color really pops on the eyes.
7. TOMS classic canvas shoes in Red: I'm a huge fan of TOMS and their cause. The shoes offer comfort for my horrible arches and you also support a child in need. I'm also lusting after a new pair of their flats (see below)
8. Kat Von D triple threat tattoo eyeliners: Poetica, Sinner and Saint: Three different thicknesses, felt tip pens to help you acheive whatever look you're going for, whether it's the thick movie star look, cat eye or just a subtle liner.
|Kat Von D Saint eyeliner, Stila Pro Artist Palette shadows|
|Essie Really Red nail polish|
|Don't call me a Kardashian but i'm officially|
obsessed with e.l.f. (find at Target) false eyelashes
and they are only $1.00
|Stila Pro Artist Palette #1|