After 41 weeks and 3 days of waiting patiently for our first born Caspian Moj Jamshidian I'm sitting here in the hospital reflecting on this amazing journey and writing down in a notebook all that I want to remember about this pregnancy, current events and any other details so that someday I can share the memories with my son.
Pregnancy is a different journey for everyone and I have been truly blessed with this one. If I can pass on any advice for future moms to be it would be these important things:
1. Always keep moving and being active but rest when you need the rest.
2. Treat yourself to all of the things that make you feel good- pedicures!!
3. Eat those cravings! For me it was protein and calcium so ice cream was in my diet all of the time and I still only gained the recommended weight.
4. Don't overwhelm yourself with information about this whole process. Take everything in stride and when you feel motivated to research and learn about birth, baby registry etc it will make the experience much more enjoyable. Everything will all get done in preparation for your bundle of joy!
5. I highly recommend finding a prenatal yoga or Pilates class. It is the best thing you can for your baby, body and mind. It's your special time with your baby and a chance to de-stress and take care of yourself.
6. Try and make yourself feel as good as possible whenever you leave the house. It makes such a difference when you put on some makeup do your hair and have on something you feel comfortable and look as cute as you can in, depending on how far along you are. When the bump comes and it's obvious show it off! Wear that form fitting stuff!
7. Take those belly pics when you feel comfortable! It's a fun thing to do and believe me time will start to go by quicker than you think!
8. Everyone has opinions and different beliefs. Consult the people you feel will support you and filter the rest out! Take every piece of advice and opinion with a grain of salt.
9. Last but not least enjoy every moment! It'll never be the same again as I'm about to find out!!
Below are some pics from my documented bump journey!
These may or may not be in order. They start at week 24 til week 41!